The Jackman Family of Four

Our Life on a Webpage

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kindergarten already?

My little Madelyn is starting kindergarten in September. I thought, since she has a late birthday (Oct 2nd) that I might get away with keeping her home for one more year. But her pre-school teacher kept telling me she was ready for kindergarten. i didn't want to believe it but even my mom and neighbor (who are teachers) say she's ready. And really she totally is. She's very advanced. Her friends have always been older than she.

I didn't realize until I was driving by her school to be, that they had already begun registration. Man once your child begins school, you really need to be on top of stuff. :( I really enjoy my not too structured fly by the seat of my pants kind of schedule. Oh well... Life begins!

Anyway, to get to my point, She had to get her kindergarten shots today. It was awful. She was so brave. She didn't even cry. And she got poked 6 times. (I can't say the same for me. I felt so bad for her.) I remember like it was yesterday when I had to get my shots for kindergarten. It was scary, but I wanted to prove that I was tough so I didn't cry either. Like mother like daughter.

Anyway afterwards I let her pick whatever she wanted from target and my sweet girl only chose a $5 movie and a $1 bouncy ball. I would have let her choose more but we were running out of time. She took 2 hours simply deciding on those. Anyway, at the end of it all she even said that today was a great day!!! I just love that girl!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I knew she was ready, and i'm glad she's gonna be starting this fun time in her life!!

March 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

I know it's TOTALLY CRAZY!! Kaelyn is starting kindergarden in August it is kind of sad. I feel like she has grown up so fast. Its even worse when I look at brookie she is already 2 going on 16.

March 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Mindi said...

Wow, I am so bad...I cannot wait until Ry starts in August!! He is way excited too, though! Good luck to sweet, sweet Madie Mae! :)

March 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

But there is a good side, now she can play soccer!

March 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have always hated the Kindergarten shots! They are not fun as a parent and even worse on the child. Sounds like Madie is a very brave girl.

March 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home