The Jackman Family of Four

Our Life on a Webpage

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Still not home.

Well, we successfully moved on Saturday. Our stuff that is, We, however, are staying with my parents. Our house is lacking a toilet. Quite a necessity If you ask me. There are a few more things that we have to complete. I wont have pictures until after we get home from Hawaii on the 17th. We really need that vacation!

I hate the feeling of being mis placed. I do love being with my family, but it's hard on Maddie not having a house. She calls our house "the broken house." It doesn't look quite like a home yet. Last night she was crying saying that she wanted to go home. It really broke my heart. It made me understand that children really do need stability.

I can't believe how much we accomplished in 1 1/2 months. If it weren't for the help of our family and friends we would have never completed anything. I really love and appreciate all those who love us and took the time out of their busy lives to help us. We really owe you and will repay our debt. I promise! I will make a list of everything that we did. Sorry If I'm boring you.

1. put in Central air and heating.
2. All new copper plumbing.
3. upgraded electrical panel and all new electrical in the whole house.
4. Scraped cottage cheese ceilings and textured entire house. (every wall)
5. tore down load bearing wall between kitchen and living room and framed in area for island/bar.
6. tiled bathroom. New toilet and vanity
7. framed in back door and dry walled it for more counter space in kitchen
8. Entire new kitchen. cabinets, granite, and flooring.
9. New molding throughout the entire house. Even our door casings.
10. New interior doors throughout. still waiting for those to come in.
11. new carpet and laminate flooring through out entire house.
12. ran water and gas out to garage for washer and dryer.
13. expanded our bedroom closet. (taking space from Maddie's closet. She'll hate us for it when she's older.)
14. patched everything
15. Probably more that I can't think of. It has been a long couple of months.

8 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

that is crazY! I would be so overwhelmed! Props to you for handling it so good. hawaii will be a good break!

August 8, 2007 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

man it sounds like you have been watching to much flip this house. It will be brand new when you move in!

August 9, 2007 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger King Klan said...

WOW i cant wait to see it. It will be worth everything that you have done

August 10, 2007 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Mindi said...

Can't wait to see your home! Love you guys!! See ya in 3 weeks!

August 20, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

you guys blog too! I am so excited. I dont know how i found it either! Well, good luck with the new house!

September 18, 2007 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

I dont know if you check this enough, but I want to get a play day for next week because I will be in town, so email me at jillypilly15@hotmail.com.Thanks!

October 4, 2007 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow...I'm impressed!

October 22, 2007 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I know you ARE home! Keep harassing Randy. You may just get that pc up and running.

October 25, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home