The Jackman Family of Four

Our Life on a Webpage

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Smarty Pants!


Okay, so I know that this post is going to sound a bit like bragging, but too bad. It is a mothers prerogative to brag ever so often.
So Delaney just turned two about three weeks ago. If you can't tell from my blog before this one, I'm not really the flash card kind of mom. I figure when children are ready to learn their numbers and letters you will know. Lately, however, I have been spending a bit of time working with Madelyn to get her ready for kindergarten in the fall, playing learning games and so on. Delaney likes to stand in and be a part of it also.
We have the Leapster "Word Wammer" that you stick on the fridge with all the letters of the alphabet to go with it. Delaney plays with it every once in a while. This morning I heard her playing with it and didn't pay much attention, as usual. Until I heard it say "Let's spell the word POT. The first letter in the word POT is P." Then I hear Lanie say," hmmm... P? Oh, here it is." Then pick it up and put it in the first spot for the word. This caught my attention. I really did think it was just a coincidence. Then I hear, "The next letter in the word POT is the letter O." She proceeds to find the letter O and put it into the next spot. Okay so now I am really paying attention. Then comes T. She picks it up and puts it into the next spot. WHAT? I couldn't believe it. Especially since I have never worked on it with her before. (It makes me feel a little guilty that she learned all this on her own.)
I went through all the letters and she knows every single one. Even the sounds of most of them. I was so excited, I called Randy right away, but still felt I needed to tell someone. I didn't want to sound like I was bragging, so to my blog I went. I mean, of course I thought she was smart (I am her mother after all) but I am still caught a little off guard. Woo Hoo!!


Here she is with her "Word Wammer"!!!

I Love this face!! She is just too cutie!


Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

I am sooo getting one of those!

April 1, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

SOOOO cute! What a smarty!! And you can brag to me anytime :)

April 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

How cute! I don't hearing you brag at all. that is awesome!!

April 1, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Brag all you want, espically with pictures :)

April 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cool! You should brag!

April 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home